All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

May 03, 2004

Kicked off my b'day celebrations at the Shamiana in Taj yesterday night at 12, and plan on continuing them throughout the day today. I plan on acting like the ultimate spoilt brat today and have everyone pamper and indulge me :)

My parents gifted me the Nokia 6610 and the phone is simply awesome!! Have downloaded tons of ringtones and wallpapers -- including that of the new VW Beetle, so I can look at it all the time and remind myself to work harder, earn pots of money and buy it very, very, very soon!! People aim for the Rolls or the Bentley, but for me the dream car has always been the Beetle!!!!

Speaking of hopes and dreams, birthdays are times to sort of sit down and figure out what you want out of life in the coming year....and its also the time to take things back in your own hands and make changes.....this year I want to do something new. I love my writing and journalism, but its just not intellectually stimulating enough any longer. I need to do something more now, something which challenges those gray cells a little more. Am thinking about going back to univ part time and do my MA in English Literature, and then fulfill my college-days dream by getting a PhD in the subject. I love studying Eng Lit, and I am sure that I would love being a part of it again. I know it wont be half as much fun as it was in LSR (Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi -- the place where I spent the best years of my life), but its at least better than nothing!

I also plan on devoting more time to my research firm -- Research for Creatives -- and bidding for a few movie contracts for the same. I would love to research a good movie or documentary -- maybe a historical......

I also vow to start going back to the gym and making better use of my treadmill at home, and get back into shape FAST!!

Chitra, I am really missing you today....can never forget all our mad birthday parties at Nirulas and CP.....celebrations are just not the same without you!! And Dipali, dying for you to get down to Bombay so we could go out and party -- do you realize that in all the years we have known each other, we have somehow just never celebrated a b'day together?

No comments: