All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

August 25, 2004

Yesterday was one of my closest friend's birthday...she is in the US and I could not call her because all the ISD and STD lines in my area were wrecked after the phone box got waterlogged in the morning rains. And by the time I realized this it was close to midnight, and could not go elsewhere to call. Hope the problem will be sorted out by today....

Lately it seems that all the people I really care about are running off to the US. Dipali went away ages back, Chitra left last month to do her Masters in Writing at the University of Texas and the only cousin sister I am actually close to left to take up a five-year assignment in Wisconsin. And she took Neha and Raghav, my favourite niece and nephew, with her as well!! Guys, I hate all of you :(

No comments: