All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

August 30, 2004

It's been a tumultous weekend - with a lot of old ghosts that keep coming back to haunt at the most unexpected times. I once read somewhere that if someone hurts you and you keep thinking of it and feeling bad about it, you are giving them the power to continue hurting you endlessly. So you should cut them out of your life completely. But that's easier said than done, isn't it?

Right now I just want to escape...want to run away from everything and everyone, because I have realized that the more close you are to people, the more you love them, the more power they have to hurt you. I don't want to meet anybody or deal with the niceties of society. But that's not so easy either.

When I was a kid and somebody would hurt me, my grandmother would assure me by saying my knight in shining armour would come along when I was older and protect me from all the demons. I want to believe in that fairy tale once again....

No comments: