All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

June 25, 2004

Today was one of those magically wondrous days when it was raining over only half my house. While it was pouring cats and dogs over the two bedrooms on the back side, the rooms in the front were totally dry. This is just one of the things that I totally love about Bombay :)

Everybody seems to hate Bombay during the monsoons, but to me the city is at its most beautiful at this time. I just love the rains...and I can stand for hours on the terrace just watching the choppy seas. I love turbulent waters so much better than still ones...am sure some psychiatrist can make tons out of that!!

Yesterday Tom Alter gave me the biggest compliment that one can give to a writer -- he told me that I should write a novel about my own life, about all the experiences that I have had in the last 10-12 years doing all the multifarious things that I have done in that time. While I am still convinced that such a venture can only result in a yawn-a-minute tragedy, it still felt good to hear something like this from someone like Tom.

On Tom, his second novel should be out sometime in August after this year, and after Rerun at Rialto, I just cant wait to read it. Tom, I want one of the first copies - and autographed one!!

Another book that I am dying to read is Sangeeta Wadhwani's second venture after Shakti in the City, which was a gripping collection of short stories centered around Bombay. Sangeeta, if you don't put that book into print very, very fast, I am going to come and steal the manuscript from your house in the dead of the night!!

No comments: