All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

February 24, 2006

For the first time in my life, I can actually see why people would go ga-ga over summer. I am the kind who would happily chase winters and monsoons across the globe all year long if I could!! But there is something about the onset of summers this time (yes, its only Feb, but Bombay is already sweltering) that's very appealing, very comforting. Everything is so mellow...there is a brooding-ishness, and not the melancholic kind, but one where you are reminded of childhood days spent in the countryside or a quaint, dusty village fringed by mango trees and your limbs feel langurous and you go to sleep at night pleasantly exhausted even though you have done nothing all day except lie under the fan and devour a great book. Yup, that's what I have done all day today, having been laid up at home with a bad stomach bug...being sick definitely has its advantages :)

No comments: