All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

July 04, 2004

Instead of Lakshya, I ended up watching Hum Tum for the second day in a row yesterday...this is what comes out of having so many groups of friends. Anyway, I did not mind as long as I got to ogle at Saif Khan for another two hours :)

Seeing the movie for the second time made me realize one thing -- how casually Indian movies are now dealing with the issue of widow remarriage!! And I loved the very fact that this was dealt with so casually...the fact that Rani Mukherjee will get remarried is a given, its just the "who" and "when" that are the questions. I mean, this is the same country which just till a few years ago was making three-hour epics on the entire tabboos and sensitivities surrounding the issue of widow remarriage...if cinema is a barometer of society, I am very proud of the way Indian society is shedding its closed-mindedness.

Kudos Kunal Kohli and Yash Chopra!!

No comments: