All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

May 19, 2004

Its been just simply gorgeous weather in Bombay since yesterday. Its been pouring cats 'n dogs 'more, a full-fledged storm is in progress, the sea waters are incredibly choppy, there is no sun and visibility is down to a minimum - and I just love it!! I think Bombay is at its most beautiful in the monsoons. Even the hour-long city power blackout yesterday night was actually fun, because I just stood on the terrace and soaked in the cold rain and the stormy winds. Power blackouts are so rare in Bombay that even 15-minute incidents make the front page for days, so yesterday was BIG!!

Meanwhile, the prime ministerial storm continues unabated...my friend in Delhi tells me that the roads there are completely non-navigable because of all the political drama. Am I glad that I left that city when I did!

1 comment:

Arun Shanbhag said...

Like your new layout! Aaaah! Monsoons in bombay!