All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

April 09, 2004

A very dear friend of mine -- Rajani -- got married today, and all I could do was wish her on the phone - and that too, very briefly! Wish I was able to be a part of her wedding :(

Have spent the day thinking of all the close friends whose weddings I have missed in the past few years...there is a depressingly huge number, and here's a HUGE sorry to all of them...

...to Tanu and Pooja, who I have known since I was one-month old, who I met or spoke to at least once a day for the first 20 years of my life, and who I haven't met even once in the last 3 years; Jaya, who became a buddy once we both started working in the same law firm, who I wish I knew better during Law College so that I would have had more time with her, and who is going to be a mom very soon; to Sushmita, who was one of my biggest anchors in college; to Prithvi, who was my co-prankster in school and who was about the only person who hated maths and accounts as much as I did........sometimes growing up and having responsibilities extracts too big a price!!

No comments: