All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

March 01, 2004

This is so frustrating...in the past 20 minutes that I have been in this cyber cafe (in Delhi, of course), the electricity has conked out thrice! And no, I am not exaggerating the least bit. And after Bombay, where we maybe lose electricity about once or twice a year, this is really scary. How do people manage to get work done in this city anyway??????

I am having a great time in Delhi, catching up with old friends and revisiting old haunts from school and college days, but am also starting to get homesick for Bombay. Am missing my computer and treadmill at home, and the fact that here I do not feel safe staying out till all times at night. Yesterday I was back in the guest house by 9, and then did not know what to do with myself. Also, all my friends here obviously have to go to work in the day, and I am left with too much free time on my hands.

Free time, that I of course fill up with shopping and eating :) The one thing that you do not get in Bombay is good, authentic North Indian food like chaat, chholla bhatura, kulfi and kaaju barfi, and I am filling up on that to my heart's content out here at Haldiram (Lajpat Nagar) and Nathu Sweets (Bengali Market)!!!!!!

Also shopping...just bought loads of Jaipuri clothes at Cottons in GK N-Block, and am now headed to Santushti, though whether I shall be able to afford anything from the latter remains to be seen!!

And yes, for all the disbelieving comments that are coming in, I do own upwards of 10,000 bangles, and am still going to Hanuman Mandir to buy even more. That's another thing that we don't get back home in Bombay!!

No comments: