All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

February 14, 2004

Shit shit shit!! My doc read that post about not sleeping, and sent me this really angry email about how I should stop seeing him for all those constant aches and pains and fevers if I insist on living this way. Turns out that while you might not exactly die from lack of sleep, it weakens your constitution horribly, and leads to all sorts of illnesses!!

Anyway, deadlines are done for this month, and I can reclaim my life. The first part of the reclamation was going down to Marks & Spencer, and buying this really gorgeous, really expensive top that I had fallen in love with last week. Hey, what's the use of working 24-hour days if you don't get the chance to splurge and indulge once in a while??

All of today was given over to sleeping, and I even managed to complete the full 47-minute circuit on the home treadmill after a long, long time. I am going to restart the gym from tomorrow...hopefully! Just feeling to lazy. Want to remain in bed with a good book, and not do anything at all. But I really want to get in shape for my trip to Delhi at the end of this month.

Among other things, there is a college reunion to attend, and somehow occasions like that really make you want to look good and successful and all that stuff. Funny, because I was maybe the most laidback and care-a-damn kind of person about appearances in college! Time does change us!

No comments: