All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

October 17, 2003

I am so extremely frustrated...feel like killing somebody! More specifically, feel like killing my cable operator -- Jhunjhunwalla who owns Microvision, which supplies cable TV and broadband to Walkeshwar and Malabar Hill Areas.

The guy has been harassing us no end. He has some problem with the previous inhabitants of this flat (who, incidentally, left 18 months back), and the housing society, and has consequently switched off my cable TV connection. So, haven't been able to see any TV for the last whole week! And only when the TV is not there do you realize how much you depend on it to refresh you or cool you down after a tough day!

Besides this, the employees of Microvision definitely deserve the World's Rudest and Most Unhelpful Staff award. Not only are they adept at shirking responsibility, they have taken to shouting abuses at my father and me, and anyone else from our office who tries to sort out the issue!

Besides this, their broadband connections remain disfunctional for at least 6-10 days every month, when asked for explanation or repairs, the typical answer is that this is India, and this is just the way things are. Thats what happens when there is any company has the monopoly over a service. If you know of any cable operator out there who services Walkeshwar, please let me know ASAP!

Till then, I am going to be catching up on my daily soaps at the gym :(

No comments: