All about living in this crazy, wonderful city called Bombay

October 26, 2003

Diwali was yesterday, but Bombay's fireworks frenzy is yet to die out. While I am not to fond of bursting firecrackers myself, I just love watching the sparkling lights from afar. And the view from my study window is amazing at the moment...all those huge, dazzling displays lighting up the sky at Marine Drive and Nariman Point and beyond. Trust the Indians to transform the darkest night of the year into one of infinite lights!

There is something so beautiful about our traditions and heritage. Did the Diwali pooja yesterday and went to the temple today, and it felt so good, so calming and rejuvenating.

Also did something really gutsy yesterday...and still have stomach cramps thinking about it. Have been working up the courage to do this for three years now!! Feels good to confront my fears and move ahead!

Diwali symbolizes the beginning of a New Year for us. I have a feeling that this is going to be a momentous year for me. Lots of changes and major life decisions lined up for the next 365 days. Am excited and scared at the same time about all this!! Good or bad...time will tell...

No comments: